'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

from Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There

Monday, May 11, 2015

Its my party and I'll cry if I want to...

Yes, those are bits of fresh strawberry puree in the frosting.
My niece, Liv, was excited about her lovely birthday cake but not excited about being the center of attention.  No birthday pics for her.  On the upside, the cake was absolutely delicious.
Vanilla cake with strawberries baked in.
I spread nutella on the cake layers along with strawberry swiss meringue buttercream frosting.  The frosting tasted like strawberry whipped cream and the nutella was a fantastic accent - noticeable without being overpowering.  Probably my new favorite cake.


She wouldn't blow out the candles but she did enjoy eating her pretty pink cake.

No comments: